Did you know that you can buy one of Nature’s miracles for about 5 bucks for a big bag? Epsom salt is a pure, time-tested mineral compound with countless uses.
It is a powerful natural alternative to commercial products, recipes, and remedies, and can be used in a dozen different ways to help with your gardening and crafts. It has been used therapeutically for hundreds of years, and nowadays, numerous people have started using it as a safe, inexpensive alternative in a sea of pricier, over-the-counter remedies.
According to HealthLine:
“Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate. It’s a chemical compound made up of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. It gets its name from the town of Epsom in Surrey, England, where it was originally discovered.
It has an appearance similar to table salt and is often dissolved in baths, which is why you may also know it as “bath salt.” While it looks similar to table salt, they taste distinctly different. Epsom salt is quite bitter and unpalatable.”
There are many different ways of manufacturing and packaging Epsom salt, but the contents are all exactly the same, chemically speaking. Most of the reported benefits of Epsom salt are attributed to its magnesium, which is a mineral that a lot of people do not get enough of. You can find Epsom salt at most drug stores and grocery stores. It is typically located in the pharmacy or cosmetic area.”
Here are some of the healing properties of this incredibly beneficial natural salt:
If you add 2 cups of it to your bathtub filled with warm water and soak in it for half an hour, you will:
- Detoxify the body: This beneficial bath tub will eliminate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Improve sleep quality- the high magnesium levels will relax your body and help you easily fall asleep.
- Boost magnesium levels- this warm bath will optimize magnesium levels in the body, which is of great importance for maintaining good cardiovascular health.
- Soothe pains due to inflammation and minor sprains- this bath tub soak will soothe the pain and fight inflammation in the body.
- Improve sulfate levels- the body easily absorbs sulfate through Epsom salt bath soak, which supports the healthy function of joints and the nervous system tissue.
- Accelerate the healing of minor ailments- it reduces the healing time for gout and treats Athlete’s foot and toenail fungus.
- When applied topically, Epsom salt will:
— Relieve bee stings or insect bites- add a tablespoon per half cup of cold water, and use a cotton pad to make a cold compress. Hold it on the affected area for a few minutes to soothe the itching.
It can be grounded finely and used for skin exfoliation:
Exfoliate dead skin: Add a bit of finely-ground Epsom salt to your shower gel, and use it to eliminate the dead skin on the heels, and renew and refresh it.
Exfoliate scalp: add a bit of it to your shampoo, and massage the scalp to remove dirt, product residue, and oil, and make the hair shiny and healthy.
If you take Epsom salt internally, but with caution, it will:
— Relieve constipation- just add a teaspoon of it to 4 ounces of water, stir, and drink it immediately, and it will quickly relieve constipation.
Therefore, if you haven’t used this amazing salt by now, it is high time to make it a regular part of your health and beauty routines!