Candida is a fungus, which is a form of yeast, and a very small amount of it lives in your mouth and intestines. Its main job? Helping out with digestion and nutrient absorption.
When the Candida yeast becomes uncontrolled, it can enter the bloodstream. This happens when the mucosal barriers are damaged or the immune system of the person gets compromised. Once in the bloodstream, Candida albicans yeast may infect almost all organs, the condition known as Systemic Fungal Infection.
What are common candida symptoms?
- Skin and nail fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus
- Feeling tired and worn down, or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
- Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, lupus, psoriasis, scleroderma, or multiple sclerosis
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD, and brain fog
- Skin issues like eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes
- Irritability, mood swings, anxiety, or depression
- Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching, or vaginal itching
- Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
- Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings
Home Remedies for Candida
1.Use Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Candida Yeast
Many researches have established that the medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil are anti-microbial, antiviral and anti-fungal. Capric acid found in coconut oil, the acid which is also there in breast milk can effectively eliminate Candida yeast.
Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Candida Yeast Infections
- Have 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil. It is completely edible and consumed by people in many parts of the world. Just remember that coconut oil is but a fat. So, don’t consume it more than 1-2 tablespoons a day otherwise you may have to look for remedies for obesity!
- You may also apply coconut oil topically. Just soak a cotton ball in the oil and rub your affected area gently like the genital area having a yeast infection or even your mouth that suffers from thrush.
2.Make Burdock Root Tea to Combat Candida
Burdock root has anti-fungal properties. Not only this, Burdock also purifies your bloodstream through which Candida travels and infects other parts of your body. It also helps in cleansing off toxins from your infected internal organs. All these qualities make burdock root an effective herbal remedy for Candida.
How to Make Burdock Root Tea?
- Burdock root herb- 1-2 tsp
- Boiling water- 1cup
- Place the herb in a pot.
- Pour boiling water over it.
- Let it steep for about 15 minutes.
- Strain and have it.
- You may have 2-3 cups of burdock root tea a day.
3.Oregano Remedies for Candida
Oregano has microbial chemicals that can dehydrate all types of fungi and yeasts keeping your body’s good bacteria intact. The active ingredient of oregano oil called Carvacrol seems to be effective in treating various infections.
Ways to Use Oregano for Candida Infections
- Make tea with oregano leaves. Pour one cup of boiling water over 1-2 tsp of oregano leaves. Let it steep for 10-15 minutes. Strain and have this tea. You may have 1-2 cups of oregano tea a day.
- The tea prepared with the above method can also be mixed with your bath water. In such a case, however, use 2-4 cups of tea to add to your bathwater.
- Dilute 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a tablespoon of coconut or olive oil and apply to your infected body part. You may also gently rub your infected area with this oil.
4.Garlic to getting Rid of Candida
Garlic is one of the best natural antiseptics. The two components of garlic- Allicin and Ajoene- have excellent anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties. Allicin, however, has to be created by mixing another component of garlic, alliin with the enzyme alliinase, both present in garlic. They just need to be activated by crushing the garlic cloves. Garlic is believed to be effective against 24 out of 26 strains of Candida.
Ways to Use Garlic for Candida
- Have 2-4 garlic cloves daily. Take them after crushing or have minced garlic. If you can’t chew, swallow with water.
- Make a paste by grinding few garlic cloves. Apply this paste to the infected area. However, avoid applying garlic paste to the vaginal area. While many women suffering from vaginal yeast infection have got positive results by applying garlic paste, most of the women have sensitive skin at this part of their body and applying the strong garlic can do more harm than benefit. It may burn the mucous membrane of a vagina and may lead to sores.
5.Have Probiotic Foods like Yogurt for Candida Treatment
Healthy bacteria in your digestive organs lead not only to better digestion but also to a better immune system. Boosting your immunity, if you remember, is one of an important aspect for a permanent cure for Candida infections. Yogurt and other probiotic foods, as well as supplements, thus help you in the wholesome treatment of Candida infection. There is one more way that good bacteria help. They maintain the acidity levels of your stomach. Whenever your stomach acquires an alkaline environment, Candida overgrows and become fungal and pathogenic to give you infections. Yogurt is by far the best natural probiotic food that contains healthy bacteria – Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bifidobacteria Bifidum. When you buy probiotic, read the label to understand whether you are getting good bacteria or not. Always buy plain yogurt with no sugar in it. Sugar leads to more Candida yeast.
Ways to Use Yogurt to Get Rid of Candida
- Include yogurt in your daily diet. Have a bowl full of yogurt (no sugar added) at least twice a day.
- You may also apply yogurt to your infection affected area. Take plain yogurt and soak a cotton ball in it. Gently rub this on the infected area to apply yogurt there.
6.Aloe Vera to Cure Candida Naturally
Aloe vera contains various amino acids, enzymes, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that make it a very healthy remedy for not only Candida but for your overall body. Aloe vera has antifungal, antiviral anti-inflammatory and immunity stimulating properties. The enzymes in aloe vera help in breaking down fats, sugars, and starches thereby promoting healthy bacteria in the intestine where the yeast candid breeds. Aloe has mild laxative properties too that help getting rid of toxins in the colon. What’s the most important function of this herb regarding Candida is that it helps repair and seal your intestinal wall so that Candida yeast cannot penetrate through it into your bloodstream? While you can always take a fresh aloe vera leaf, peel off its skin to take out the gel and apply this gel on your affected skin area for 30 minutes, what benefits you the most is ingestion of aloe vera juice as a health tonic.
How to Have Aloe Vera Juice?
- Get aloe Vera juice from any health food store.
- If you want to make aloe juice at home, you need to be very careful while discarding its skin and a yellow layer beneath it.
- You can use a sharp knife to peel off the skin or rind of the aloe leaf and then using the same knife, remove the yellow layer beneath it.
- Now with the help of a spoon, take out the clear aloe juice. You should at least have 30 ml of this juice that roughly equals to 2 tablespoons.
- Once you get the aloe juice, place it in your blender.
- You may either add 1 cup of water or some citrus juice like orange or grapefruit. You may also add lemon to this.
- Blend the ingredients in the blender to get your delicious detoxifying aloe vera juice.
- You can even add lemon juice or some other citrus juice to the aloe vera juice that you get from the market.
- Never have more than ¼ cup of aloe vera juice in a day. In fact, initially take an even lesser amount of it, say, half of ¼ cup to avoid any stomach cramps and to get used to the juice.
- Precaution: Those who suffer from heart, kidney, thyroid disease, or electrolyte abnormalities should not take Aloe Vera. Many people also complain about having hives or skin rashes but only after prolonged use of Aloe Vera.